Hi.

Well, my exciting and excessive cold is nearly over, so I should be able to start shipping tuner kits next week. The european tuner modules have arrived, and a further 100 PCB sets are on order, which means I should be able to ship all kits up to number 160 or so over the next few weeks.

A few changes have been made/are being made to the order page. First, the limit of one kit per person has been removed, and there will be a field for quantity required. Second, I no longer support Fedex as a shipping method, and anyone who requested this during ordering will be notified that the kit will now go out via airmail instead.

The reason behind this is simple: Overpriced and undercompetent.

The very first kit I sent out via Fedex was going to Tallahassee, Florida, on international priority service. I was quoted just under £30 for this service, which should take about 2 days. The package still had not arrived after 10 days! Tracking showed it to be sitting in the Tallahassee branch, with a "incorrect address" error, which was odd since the address was most definitely correct. In addition, even though the recipients phone number was on the waybill, no one bothered to call to check the address. The customer finally had to call them himself and arrange a delivery.

Then today, I got the bill for this sterling bit of international courierage, which was some 50% higher than had been quoted, including a 3% fuel surcharge (don't know where that one came frome), and a £5.50 address change charge!

Anyway, I called their customer service line, and after a mere half hour on hold, managed to shout at someone who refunded the charges. Good enough, but I'm not using them again. The best bit? This was the very first shipment on my shiny new Fedex account. What a wonderful way to attract new customers...

pca