Okay, i just got off the phone with Fed-Ex, and here's the story...

According to Lisa Jones of Intl' shipping...Customs did a random pull (which seems odd since so many others on the BBS must have been 'randomly pulled') on my package and couldn't find the FCC clearance. So i described what it was.
"it's a car stereo of sorts."
"Oh.....(long pause)... cause it says here something about a processor..."
"Yeah, it's a digital music player...it is actually a computer with a processor and hard drive that plays digital music files."
"Okay, well lemme fax you a customs form. All we need is your importer ID, then i will fax customs the info."

That basically means your social security number or tax ID if you are a business. So, she faxed me the form, i faxed it back, and according to her if customs clears it tonight, i will have it tomorrow morning.

So, here's what i don't understand...why the hell did they need my soc. sec. number? What does that provide them that makes it magically clear customs? I'm assuming that she was going to fax customs the FCC information along with the form i filled out, but what if i hadn't have called? Shouldn't Fed-Ex have called me? I don't know, the whole thing is just strange, but whateva..I'm getting it soon regardless.

WORD TO THE WISE... call Fed-Ex intl' and tell them what's going on the second your shipment comes up in a "regulatory clearance delay". The process is easy to get around if you just get on them about it. Hopefully at least... i'll inform if anything changes.

||| loren.cox
||| reg:13810
||| 12GB blue