Just because the funds have left your account, does NOT mean that they are cleared into ours. I often wonder which organisation is benefiting from the interest on all these delayed transactions.

It's not restricted to US>UK transfers, either. A friend of mine got a little upset when a UK bank 'lost' 70,000 UKP for more than 10 days transferring it from his UK account to his French bank.

One of the many odd things about this event was that the UK bank had confirmed delivery to the correct French account number, but the French bank hadn't seen a trace of the funds.

It eventually turned out that they had, instead of sending it across the Channel, sent it to another account in the same bank!

Even then, he was suspicious of why it had taken a week to go from one account number to another, and 10 days or so for them to find it. What's the interest on 70 grand per week? Multiplied by however many such 'accidents' occur?

Or am I just being cynical again?

Patrick

Opinions expressed in this email may contain up to 42% water by weight, and are mine. All mine.