Ah I see. That's fine. Yeah, maybe it was our age. Who knows, maybe that was the whole reason, and not that we were American. We were all wearing tennis shoes as well, but I think our speaking English without a French accent was what gave us away

The toughest part about it was that this country in which we got the least help from the people was the only one who's language we didn't speak. My friend and I both spoke English, of course, but he was fluent in Spanish and was an Italian himself. So we had a tough time in France. They spoke English to us, but now I wish I didn't understand them!

Their country is beautiful, though. Paris is wonderful and we had a great time in it. We did the usual Eifel Tower and the Luvre, and we even took a little train trip to Versailles (sp?). To anyone visiting France I offer this suggestion: find out about a special pass for the various site-seeing opportunities. I'm not sure exactly what it was, but we payed a small amount for a pass that let us skip every line at the about mentioned places. The line at the Luvre looked about 30 minutes long. We were let aside and were in in about 30 seconds

I also had the best meal of the trip when I was in France. We ate at a small restaurant, and had the usual onion soup and escargo, with creme brulee (sp?) for dessert. They were the best I'd ever tasted of each, and it all cost me about $12! Yum!