Greetings!

The posting earlier about drive space earlier made me take another look through all of the resellers to see if any are carrying the 80GB drives yet. Well, yes, and no.

I found this item on GoogleGear. They are one of IBM/Hitachi's retailers. It is a 20 piece set of the 80GB Travelstar drives. (I double-checked that product number three times.) The do not seem to be available individually, but are in stock for the bulk box.

The question is: am I a sick / twisted / obsessed enough person to order a bulk box of 20 * 80GB hard drives, in the hope of selling off the ones I would not personally use to others who might want them? Hmm...

I will let everyone on the board know a) when the arrive, b) if they are the right ones, c) if they install well in the empeg. Also, if all does go well, I will probably have a few extras that I will not need for my player. Do not reply or post on this yet, but if everything works out well, I will be selling the extra drives from the bulk box at cost. Actually, given the bulk purchase, the price per drive (pre shipping) works out to $286.90.

I will believe it when I see it. I always knew there were markups based on packaging, but... More to follow.