My belief is that it's rational to place my faith in Jesus Christ' death, burial and resurrection as a solution to my sin problem. I do have philosophies and science that backs this up, but many other people will put forth science and philosophies that deny it. It ultimately does come down to a matter of faith (imagine that) but not on issues of evolution or science (though of course these should be addressed);

So when people refute your "philosophies and science that backs this up" of jesus christ, you just ignore that science and rely instead on your faith? Why? why the necessity to dump the obvious solutions for the wacky one. for some reason i still cannot wrap my brain around ignoring all that i know about science to say that theres some supreme being no one can see, but that some guy(s) over the last 2 thousand years talked to, maybe.

the real issue is: do I have a sin problem that is keeping me from the God relationship I was designed to have and what can be done about it?

What logic brings you to ask this question? under no circumstance in my entire life have i asked myself this question, nor would I. Because i haven't sinned. I don't break my own moral code. unless you'd like to point out otherwise..and please dont use the bible, i dont believe it's any more devinely inspired than "Gross Jokes Volume IX".