However, based on my experience and knowledge, the opposite is true. The claim that there is no God working in my life would be an outrageous one to me, and a great amount of proof would be required to make me believe otherwise.
Well, this is more like it, frankly. Refutations of a personal faith such as this using science often sound pretty much as daft as refutations of science using faith. If you have directly perceived God, then I can't possibly tell you that you haven't: we each must have faith in our own perceptions. I can only tell you that I never have, and at one stage of my life I spent a while looking. I perceive only a bunch of unusual biochemical reactions on the surface of a rock, one scarce different from a billion other rocks in this galaxy alone.

I would ask, though -- what was it that made you sure it was Christianity that this perceived God wanted you to follow, and not, say, Islam, or even Jove-worship? Direct perceptions of God do seem to come with, and I know this phrase was used for something different upthread, lots of baggage these days...

Peter