if i shut down the ignition the empeg does not power down

Well Andreas, I guess there's something wrong with your install.

The principle is that the Mk2 gets its power from continuous 12V. The lead to the ignition line is just there so the unit can feel that the car is being used and switch itself on (sleep mode). Similarly, when you kill ignition, the player knows this too. It then a) switches off the amp and (after a few seconds) goes to sleep again. Unless you hit any button within that period, it goes into deep sleep after a minute.

If the player doesn't switch off when you kill ignition, it must feel power on its ignition feeler line. I recommend you get your voltage meter out and check the way you've wired things up. Did you use an ISO connector (kit) for your car??

also if i switch on switch off the light nothing happens
Same with the lights: the mk2 senses if there is a change in voltage on the head lights-on wire, and acts accordingly. If you're sure you have the thing properly connected, change the percentage dimming to anything less than 100% and try switching lights on/off. If they dim when the lights are off, you need to change the configuration via emplode.

Anyhow, these are definitely not bugs. Check 'Installation Notes' for more info. These issues have been discussed there before.

Henno
mk2 6 nr 6