But really, saying that because SUV's blind people, that regular cars with HID lights should also be allowed to blind people... That's not sound logic

No, thats not what I said. I said that oftentime I think an oncoming car has its brights on and it turns out to be a truck or an SUV - with normal, non-HID lights. More regulation? What about all the people that buy aftermarket fog lights, like PIAAs? Yes, I agree, its annoying being blinded by HID lights or non-HID lights. HID lights can be regulated until they're no brighter than 2 candles - but what about SUV's and trucks? And no, this isn't meant as a slam or bash on SUVs themselves - but are there going to be regulations to build the headlights lower on the front? What about plows? I could go on...

My point is that yes it is annoying but deal with it. Unless if anyone has any statistics of accidents caused by blinding by headlights? Could that be narrowed down to accidents attributed to HID lights? What about some yahoo driving down the road with their brights on - which in my opinion is far worse. Accidents caused by blinding is a very valid argument, but has it been mentioned?

Just my $0.02.