It was really nothing, my gps device is also my nextel phone. I switched phones with a buddy of mine who had the i88, and i have the i85. Only difference is GPS. The NMEA output is really gay. Sometimes it will just stop outputting. Even though it has around 8 links which are really good. And i have to go into the menu and turn off the output and then back on to get it to work. I usually have to do this once or twice just to get GPSapp to see the device. I never got the unit to work directly connected to the back of the empeg. Only in the car sled com port, which i have a custom serial cable with 2/3 switched and i think 5 for the ground, whatever the FAQ says. Anyways, this gps device isn't a very good one, because sometimes i will have an accuracy of 500ft and be in the middle of someone’s lawn I've been looking at this one, any ideas if it’s any good? Or if there are any better ones out there without a screen? Is WAAS any good? will it work with the empeg? It kinda says it outputs NMEA