Could there be an option to make the player set the disks Read/Write when it exits (instead of read only)? Executing the rwm command takes a while to complete.

I know nothing about Linux or programming for Linux, but it seems to me there's two problems with that:

1) Your complaint is that rwm takes too long, so you don't want to have to do it yourself when the player exits. But if the player did an rwm upon exit, then it'd just make it take that long to exit the player. So you'd be forcing the end-user to sit through an rwm every time they exit to the shell, even if they didn't need readwrite access during that session.

2) I'm told that you have to make sure to ROM the drives before starting up the player again. If you weren't the one typing RWM in the first place, then you might not remember (or even know) to do that.

Also, it would be helpful to set the execute bit for programs that we download to the empeg.

Is that something that's normally done in Linux? If not, isn't there a good reason for that?