Greetings!

In some of the previous MAME discussions, I mentioned that I have a HotRod SE Joystick. It is great for many games, but it is pretty bad for the one I play most (Tempest). I had been thinking about trying to either a) get an actual Tempest machine (no space and not handy with electronic repair though) or b) find a spinner control and build a case for it, when I ran across a few articles on line. It is possible to retrofit additional buttons and a spinner into the HotRod! You can see the modifications step-by-step with photos (I only want the buttons and spinner done), and the additional button layout of the HotRod (near the bottom, section 2.3a).

Now, it is possible, but I have neither the woodworking skills (I am not very graceful when it comes to manipulating mechanical devices) or the electrical talent (my very first Circuits class taught me that I was really destined for Computer Engineering...) or the time to do this kind of thing myself.

So, I am looking for someone with woodworking, electronics or MAME cabinet experience (neatness counts!) that is bored and wants to try a different project. I will, of course, pay for all time and materials and supply the HotRod for modification.

If anyone is interested, let me know via post, email or PM. Thanks.