Thanks to the Dell free Zire offer I now have the tools to finally try this out. I've got the Palm set & running with my database, and have installed the files & changed permissions on the empeg (MKII) to match the install page.

Unfortunately when Palantir looks for the empeg it never finds it. I verified that the IR LEDs are working with my nightvision camcorder.

One time (just once of perhaps 14 tries) I got a message that it was uploading the playlist, but it seemed to time out with no change in playlist on the empeg. Palantir said it lost contact.

The only part of the install I was a little fuzzy on was the link to the OBEX page. I don't think I was supposed to (and didn't) install anything directly from the OBEX webpage, rather the libopenobex files from the empire.zip file. Is that correct?

I'm kind of stumped. The only thing that looks funny is a line at the end of the boot sequence that says something like 'unknown IR received' (I've put the gadgets away for the night, and can get the specific message tomorrow, if need be).

The PalmOS version on the Zire is 4.12 and other than empire & my contacts/calender entries synced from MS Outlook, it's virgin. The empeg kernel is the precompiled hijack 230 kernel linked from Cushman's page.

Anybody have an idea what I might have botched? Thanks.

-Zeke