I had a mk1 one installed in my P10 ("series 1") Primera GTe up until the weekend. There should be one or two pictures of the install in Rob Schofields report on the Amersfoort, NL Owners Meet when he gets it on the web (well I don't know if I would call it an "install", but it was in the car and running nicely). I found that I didn't need to use the grounding leads. In fact with them I was getting alternator noise while without them the sound quality was great! The empeg docking bay fits into the dash without any problems, and there is plenty of space in behind for all the cabling. Sorry, I can't tell you about the connectors on the cars wiring harness 'cause the B#§&%*x who had the car before me just chopped them off to install his cheap old Blaupunkt cassette deck. The factory cabling is fairly light though, so you may want to replace a reasonable amount of it anyway. The power, ground and speaker wires at least.

I've now got my mk2 installed and I'm getting really nasty alternator noise. In fact I'm getting quite a lot of noise even without the motor running! (fuel pump?). Anybody got any suggestions on what to check out here? The music from the under the bonnet is not quite the same (and it only gets interesting at around 7000 rpm or 200km/h on the autobahn ).

(list 6284, Mk1 S/N 00299 4GB blue [for sale]. Mk2 S/N 080000094 6GB blue)