Two.Five Questions:

1. What are the options for digital input car amplifiers? I can't find any using a quick google search, and i figured you guys would know some offhand or at least where to look. I'm asking because i'm considering getting the digital output board from Eutronix for my empeg in hopes of never having to deal with groundloops and alternator whine. Do these even exist yet at consumer pricing levels?

1.5. Sub question: Is/can the digital output be sent through the docking connector? I saw Cristian's post where he rigged up his Mlord dock with a digital out through the dock... so i presume it can. But, will this work in car?

2. What's the deal with Class T amplifiers? I understand Class A, Class AB, and Class D amps, and how/why they each have their disadvantages, but Class T is new to me. According to the glossary at Crutchfield, the Class T amps:

provide the sort of sonic advantages of conventional Class AB designs, combined with the high power efficiency and low heat production of a Class D design. Class T amps are able to generate 2-4 times more power than a comparably-sized Class AB amp.

So what is their downside? They seem to do everything. They are tiny and even come in plastic in some cases since they don't heat up much, and are supposed to provide a ton of power. What gives?

To quote two quasi-famous wine cooler salesmen... "thanks for your support"