In reply to:

During that time, weren't you saving up for it? If you were unable to save up for it then, how do you expect to make payments now?

Was I saving up for it? Yes and no. I've been saving up for it, but it's been in the form of making payments on the credit card so there would be enough room for the empeg .

Now there is enough room for it, but not quite enough for an amp at the same time. The second problem is that my wife and I have made the concious agreement that we want to revert to our original credit card plan (save room for emergencies, like, if the car were to suddenly explode) and continue to keep paying it off instead of putting more back on there.

Basically, the decision is pending on how much we get back from the insurance company as a result of some recent expenditures on things like dental work and chiropractic work, all of which are covered by our benefits. Which is the reason for the power budgeting .

The short form is, how much do I have to bend reality to justify getting the empeg now . I have a good hold on reality. If it's going to be too hard to handle I'll definately delay buying an empeg. You can't tell me that you wouldn't sit there looking for ways to make it work (just so long as they are practical and reasonable ways to make it work). I'm more worried that when I finally can afford an empeg, there won't be one available to buy (just like what happened with the Mark 1).

Kureg