Does anyone else here read any of the forums of any non-specific internet board, like Fark or Slashdot?

It continues to amaze me how stupid, illiterate and egotistical the apparent majority of the internet community is.

The reason I say this is because I just read an article linked from Fark about PETA suing some town for using the court system to delay the placement of a protest sculpture about the treatment of circus animals until Ringling Bros. left town. The ``headline'' used on Fark to link with was ``PETA protests over treatment of fiberglass elephant'', which, I'l give you, is misleading at best. But the majority of the people posting complained about how PETA was stupid to sue about the mistreatment of an inanimate object.

If they're not going to read the source, why do they feel qualified to comment on it?

And why do people assume that just because they disagree with someone's stance that everything they do must be stupid and illogical?

Aargh. It just makes me so mad. I need to stop reading the damn forums. And I suckererd into this time, as I was wondering if anyone else complained about the misleading ``headline''. That'll teach me to be curious.