I swear there are some potholes on some of the bridges in Pittsburgh that go right through to the river.

It would be easier to count the local bridges over rivers that I haven't crossed recently, but the ones I have crossed have all been in acceptable to good shape. None had open holes in the decks, or anything I felt the need to swerve around, or hit hard enough to notice. The Trafford Viaduct, which I cross pretty much any time I go to or come from Pittsburgh, has some annoying recurring potholes, but none through the deck, and none deep enough to be more than an annoyance.

The state maintained roads around here are actually in as good or better shape than I can remember, the city-owned stuff is hit or miss, and the Allegheny County bridges, it depends when they were last reconstructed. The turnpike is a special case. If you pay attention to the mileposts of the projects, they're not reworking any sections, it's just taking them a long time on each section, and the sections aren't that big (10 miles or less per, on the 360 mile mainline). Unlike everything else, they have their own funds to play with.

ut, I must admit, there are some nice places to eat and hang out in the strip district. It's a cool little area. Ever eat at the Harp and Fiddle?

Not often, though I did have breakfast at Delucas in the strip this afternoon.

In the last 4 weeks I have crossed:
Monongahela River:
Fort Pitt (the only deck that's open)
Smithfield
Liberty
Birmingham
Hot Metal
Homestead High-Level
Rankin

Allegheny River:
Fort Duquesne (both decks)
6th