I recently replaced a failed IBM 10GB drive with an IBM 18GB and it was working fine until last weekend (it was in about two weeks). Now it will only play in the car for 2-5 minutes before it starts stuttering and will freeze up within 10 minutes. When it freezes, it often won't power off when I turn off the ignition (don't know if that's helpful info or not). I don't think it's related, but I did put emphatic on this weekend, though it isn't loading on the player now (the file is still on the player, but I took the line out of the config that starts it). This is a RioCar running 2.00 with hijack. The player works fine on AC (ran it for about five hours last night without any problems), so I don't think it's a problem with the player's hardware, with the possible exception of the IDE cable (can someone help me out and tell me if a bad cable would act this way ?). The HDD doesn't seem bad; the player boots quickly and has NO problems when running on AC power and runs quiet - none of the whirr-clack noises you'd associate with a bad HDD.