Anyone who's prepared to travel halfway around the planet is, in my books, worthy of getting an alpha release

Sure. No arguments there. But most of the atendees didn't fly halfway around the world to be there. Tony and Mark already had acess to 3.0 anyways, so the number of people who flew halfway around the world to proove their worthieness of 3.0 is limited to Robricc and Jim Hogan? The rest were just in the right place and the right time...

The 3.0 rumors were enjoyed by all, and considered in good fun. Now were told that because we didn't come to the meet, we'll have to wait months to get ahold of anything similar for our empegs. I've driven 8 hours to get to an empeg meet. I've ditched my own 21st birthday party to go to an empeg meet. And that's less than plenty of the other people who couldn't make it to the meet.

Though it's their decision who gets alpha releases, I think not letting us plebians get acess to it soon after is pretty rude. Anyways, that's how I see it. I'll try and not complain any more.

Matthew