I recently decided to get A+ certified. However, I'm having some problems with studying for the exam.

1) I decided not to pay the equivalent of another semester at college and skip the instructor-led courses.
2) I purchased some online study software from www.lantell.com. What they neglected to mention was that the software doesn't prepare you for squat, and the majority of the material will be covered in the 800 page book that they don't even tell you about.
3) I didn't have too much problem with having to read the book, but the problem is the damn company included a book that was mostly written in 1999!! As a result, I'm learning all about the widely popular AT systems, coax networks, 10Base5 networking, and how sometime next year, Intel will release a mysterious processor dubbed Merced. I'm also learning how to detect general protection faults in Windows 3.1

Judging by the current exam, I will need more than the cursory glance the book gives me into Win2K and various advents of the new millenium. However, I want to see if the background the book has given me in the hardware area will be sufficient. This is a little scary, seeing as I'm taking the exam next Monday, and I'm not sure if I have the right tools to prepare for it. The problem is that I can't find a way to test myself. Naturally, the sample tests in the book are outdated, and I can't find any free sample tests online. Can anyone else?

Thanks in advance.