Greetings!

I had never had a non-factory install before. I had been burning audio CDRs for a while, and made mixes. It was never enough, and I always found I was swapping them out. I had an entire binder of car mixes in the car. It just wasn't working.

A friend of mine - I think it was jdandrea, actually - told me about the empeg. It was during the space after the MarkI, and during the early signups for the Mark2. I forgot about it, and then rediscovered the link when I was cleaning my old email (months later). I signed up for the Mark2 preorder, having set myself back 3 months by waiting...

The Mark2 came out, and I bought the largest available at the time. An utter novice with car audio, I had it installed professionally. I now know a bit more, and I would be willing to try (at least parts of) it myself now.

The first price drop came, and I got a spare for myself. Then the firesale came. I bought three units (my current home, office, spare). I gave the original spare as a gift, coincidentally to jdandrea and his family. The original one, I sold on the board, having upgraded it along the way to 96GB. I would add that SonicBlue's pricing policy refunded me a decent amount these purchases, because of the overlapping protection period and price drops.

I always watch for spare units because people at work ask about it sometimes. That has quieted down a bit lately - most of those I work with already have or know about the players. I can't wait to show them a Pearl - it will drive them insane!