It's disappointing that AP couldn't find a reviewer capable of doing so.
I don't think one reviewer can buck the press and industry trends towards judging products on one or two specs. All of the favorable AMD reviews on the planet couldn't impress upon the public that AMD chips are faster per clock cycle than their Intel counterparts, which forced AMD to stoop to the "XP" naming system.

Likewise, the price/GB metric is the one that stands out in most peoples' minds.. The cool features and form factor of the Nitrus will definitely help them sell, but I think comparing it to the market-leading iPod is perfectly acceptable. Frankly, unless the whole thing fits inside your ear or attaches to your brain stem, there isn't much of an advantage to the Nitrus' form factor over an iPod, because they're both "small." (Small enough to be not very noticable when you're carrying them.) Basically, at the sizes we're talking, capacity becomes the most important feature... It seems to me nobody's going to pay a premium for anything smaller than an iPod without other selling points.