TO SET UP A WAVIT11 AS AN ACCESS POINT:

1. Plug the computer you are currently using into the OTHER wavit11.
2. Start the "wavit11 configuration tool"
3. Click File -> Initialize
4. Click "OK" to set the wavit11 to default
5. Enter the MAC address of THIS access point (in my case it is 20 01 16) and click "OK"
6. You should now see the MAC address of the wavit11 in the "wavit11 wireless lan" window.
7. Click "IP address" button
8. Enter an IP address within the range of your lan. In my case it will be 192.168.1.242 with a subnet mask of

9. Click "OK"
10. Click "OK" in the "IP Address configuration" dialog box.
11. You should now see the mac and ip address of your wavit 11.
12. Notice that the mode is set to "AdHoc" by default.
13. Click the "setup" button.
14. Click the "Property" tab.
15. Select "access point" as the "operational mode" and click the "apply" button.
16. Click "OK to the "configuration setting change" dialog box.
17. Click "encryption mode" tab and set it to your choice. I will set it to "disable" (default).

It is now setup as an access point. Unplug from the computer and plug into a hub.

Now, I'll plug the wavit11 that I set up to infrastructure mode back into the computer I'm working in now to check the

access point.

1. Quit the configuration tool if you haven't done so already.
2. Start the wavit11 configuration tool.
3. The wavit11 that we previously set up to infrastructure mode should pop right up.
4. Click the "setup" button.
5. Click the "property" tab.
6. Click the "back to default" button, click "apply" and "OK" to the window that pops up.
7. Set the operation mode to "infrastructure" and click "apply" then click "OK" to the dialog box that pops up.
8. Click the "status" tab and you should now see the mac address and ssid (which will be "Wavit11") of your wavit11 access

point.
9. Click the "environment" tab and you should see your signal strength.
10. Try to get on the internet.
11. If it wasn't working, I wouldn't be posting.

Cheers!