It is not a choise I made lightly i didn't have any other options...
The Best most up-to-date GPS/Nav System on the market is the Alpine unit so that is why I go, I am a System Administrator III and I handle trouble calls for Northen Ca. Oregon, Washington and Utah, I get a call on my Cell phone or at the Hotel that says Customer #411 has a firewall down go fix it.

I tired this with my PDA and Pocket Streeets and then again with map quest after putting in about 100 of the mom and pop places I get sent to and finding over half of them are not on Maps, heck some of the 1 horse towns are not even on the maps.

the glove box isn't deep enouhg to mounts anything in. if you remove the box completely you would have to cut the ac/heater duct to place 3 cans of Pepsi in it..

Under the Dash also didn't work the center console is full of the Brains from the head unit. So I picked up 2 6 Disk mp3 changers that gives me about 1200 of my songs but the interface sucks (Sure I get ID3 tags but the songs are in the order they were burned on the disks ANNOYING) and no play lists.

Seeing my Head Unit Has 2 sets of Aux in's with video I started dreaming of getting my empeg back in some form.

I have looked at most of the portable MP3 players and I think a custom hacked Empeg is my best best (or a Micro Computer shoved somewhere)

As for the DIn Pod on the dash It would block drivers view and Here in Oregon it is just tall enough to get me a ticket (I checked
______________________________________ Do not meddle in the affairs of Network Administrators, for they are subtle and quick to anger. ______________________________________ Worlds Lamest Wb Site (mine) http://home.comcast.net/~jlipchitz/