Eric,
As someone who most definitely paid $400, I'm happy with the size/fit/function. It's worth $400 to me, but apparently not to you.

I've had mine in my pocket all day and frankly don't notice it there. The short length keeps it from jabbing me. It also sits very nicely in my car's cup holder (upper/middle dash, just below the vents) and stays there in the corners due to its short stature.

I picked mine up as cold as anyone, played with it for a few minutes and picked up the interface. It may be different from what you're used to or were expecting, but it's not difficult. I quickly saw there was a wealth of features that I could explore at my leisure.

As for the bug I encountered in the software, I guess I don't expect 1.0 of ANYTHING to be flawless. As I've been around the forum for a few years now, I know the development team is top rate and these things will be fixed, and I'm sure pretty quickly too.

As for the specs on the site being wrong, I wholeheartedly agree that that needs to be changed, but fast. I also agree with Paul's other post - opinions vary and you're free to return it. You seem really, genuinely angry that you don't like it, perhaps I'm wrong about that and am reading in to your posts. I guess I'm of the opinion that regardless of the sophistication/technology (or in your opinion, lack of sophistication) it's still, at the end of the day, a toy. If you don't like your new toy take it back, get a refund and use your Archos.

As for nobody having Riots, I would never have used one simply because of the Realplayer software. Real is the Great Satan in my opinion.

-Zeke