What a coincidence, I just got back into Tivo extraction and DVD burning yesterday, and got a good disc right off the bat.

Extraction is the only way to go for now. Yes, it's nice to have a built in DVD burner, but as you point out, these can't really edit out the commercials (some claim they can, but are really just making invisible chapters so no space is saved), and you can't make the DVD all nice and pretty

As for the original post:
However now that I have my video's on HD
I assume you're talking about having it on your Hard Drive, and not High Definition

Anyway, I'd definitely say get a Turbonet (either wired or wireless), then follow the instructions on how to set up all the proper services. Next you just download the proper files for .ty stream extraction and follow these instructions up until the steps it describes for making the DVD (you can follow them if you want a really simple DVD, the kind you would probably get with that standalone DVD burner).

But for making a really nice DVD, the absolute best program I've seen is DVD-lab. I've literally tried over 15 DVD authoring programs, and this is by far the best. This is, however, the only part where you'd spend money.

So there you have it. You can have DVD burning for the price of a Turbonet and (if you want nice DVDs) an $80 piece of brilliant software.

It seems like a very long process here, but once that beginner's hack guide is completed and you've got all the software set up, it takes about 10 minutes of user interaction to create a DVD (again, more if you want to design a nice layout and everything.

Most importantly, I get absolutely NO synching issues. That was why I gave up on the process several months ago. Like you I was going to wait for the built in DVD burner, but now it is so incredibly simple to do it this way. And I had the Turbonet anyway.

Extraction is the way to go.