Bay Car Audio is a couple of blocks away from AMS.

I've used AMS before, and quality varies greatly by which installer does the work. On one installation, I've had 2 installers do the work simultaneously, and one of them did a great job the other one rushed the job and screwed up my right mirror control. I had a car alarm installation there a different time, and they miswired the brake lights and as a result I didn't have any brake lights, I picked up the car at close time, and they locked up and left I started up the car and checked everything, did the walk around for scratches and realized the car didn't have tail lights on but they left for the day and had to drive home at night with no tail lights.

That was not as bad as Monney Car Stereo in Serramonte, who grounded something incorrectly, handed me the keys, and everything seemed fine. But on the way home, it got dark, I turned on my headlights and the fuse blew and all my dash lights and headlights went right out! I pulled over to a gas station put in new fuses and every time I turned the lights on, both the headlights and dash fuses blew so I ended up driving back at night not knowing how fast I was going with my parking lights on. Scary! I had a speaker installation at Monney and they wired the front left to the rear right, the front right to the rear left, the left rear to the front left and right rear to front right and completely did a half assed job by scratching my dashboard near the din slot. When I took it back, they reversed the front and rear, and then I had my front lefts and rights reversed! Monney Car Stereo at Serramonte was basically if it wasn't one thing screwed up, it was another. Monney also broke a cup holder, and during an amp installation screwed up my rear seat hooks, so the rear seat was not mounted correctly. It seems they needed to remove the rear seat to mount the amp and didn't bother to check to see if it was properly lined up and bolted on. On a different occasion, (the reason why I had to keep going back to Monney was they kept @#$%ing up didn't details and I had to keep dropping it off) -- so on a different occasion, they said they didn't want me hanging around the shop, so they gave me a ride home. When they called to say they were done they couldn't give me a ride back to the shop cause the guy left. Geez! So they said they were going to drop it off at my place, and 4 hours after close time they showed up. wtf? I'm imagining the joyride scene from ferris bueler here... There was another occasion where they did something funny mounting some deep speakers and messed up a rain shield and on a bad rainy day all this water came pouring out of the door speakers. Needless to say I was pissed and though there was no permanant damage, I didn't like seeing water pouring out of the speakers.

Remember don't pick up the car close to close time, and do a full inspection of every switch, light, option and feature before leaving. If even a minor detail is out of place, insist to have things fixed. Be completely anal or get screwed.

I guess comparatively, AMS is a little better and screwed less things up, but really, they do screw things up....

Calvin