I had gps app working for a few months a while back but then took it off for the last few months. Now that I have fixed all of my hijack problems, I put it back on today. When I booted up the empeg with the gps attached, the empeg went crazy. It started flashing things like, track marked, playlist tweaked, playlist shuffled, etc. It was skipping songs, and started randomly going through the menu. It was like it was recieving some Ir commands. I rebooted and tried again, but again it was doing this. If I disconnect the gps reciever and power up without it, then everything works fine. Could it be that the gps is sending random stuff over the serial port and confusing the empeg? If not, what else could it be? Is there a way I can view what the gps is sending? The reciever I have is a radioshack digitraveler. Its just a reciever with a serial cord, made to use with a laptop, no buttons or display.

edit: I just tried booting up without the gps attached and it worked fine. Then without rebooting, plugged the gps in and instantly everything went wacko. So I'm fairly certain its sending something confusing.

Edited by kswish0 (24/11/2003 18:16)