The problem occurs whether I use the harness or the home rca's on the player itself.So I don't believe it is a loose wire as there doesn't appear to be any wires that connect the home rca's to the board.It certainly could be a bad solder joint as I had to send the player in for the IDE header problem.There doesn't appear to be any obvious bad solder joints but then again they are so small it's hard to tell.I'm going to get a magnifying glass and look a little closer.
If I can't locate the problem and support seems out of commision till at least the end of Jan 04 what can I do?I have lived with this problem all summer but I recently got a new pair of speakers and am itching to try them out.There is a shop in town that does assembly of miniature component boards and such and they offered to take a look at it.However they no nothing of the Empeg and I am hesitant to turn over my baby to them.The player is out of warranty so that shouldn't matter.If it's a bad solder joint I think they are capable of repairing that as that's the kind of work they do.
Well the snow storm seems to be over so it's time to head outside for the big cleanup.