Could be.. it still sucks for something that is only 28 days old. Depending on how well DNNA handles the RMA stuff will be the deciding factor if I keep the Karma or not. If they jerk me around and won't do advance replacement (Which it looks like they dont based off of what Ive seen at RioCentral) then I'll probably just go buy another player and sell this one when the new one comes back.

It's a shame too because I like the Karma. I think it's far superior to the iPod but the difference is that the iPod is dependable. I never once had a lockup with my iPod and the thing just worked. The Karma, I am always afraid of what it's going to do and IM scared to death about dropping it for fear of hard drive failure.

I've seen too many horror stories on the forums about Karma failures and wanted to avoid being one of them and now I am. Ive got a $300.00 paperweight sitting on my desk and Im kinda pissed about it. Bottom line, tho, is that I wont be making a 30 hour drive next week without some sort of MP3 player, be it a Karma, iPod, iRiver or something.