Mice and keyboards have an up event, and so too does the device I'm using. It isn't an IR device. And no, I didn't design the device, so we have to create the software given its behaviour. And it's different from yet another device we've worked with that doesn't have the different codes but instead sends continuous press codes. The software layer that's being developed does not continuously poll the device, so when codes "stop" being sent, that isn't a valid event (USB connection). We dn't have long-press support implemented for that device and I don't plan on having it added.

The support for long and short (for the new device I originally mentioned) will likely be handled as has been outlined, with a couple of failsafes. But the up event will definitely be used (and useful) when the device buttons are being treated as keyboard keys. Button behaviour should then mimick the keyboard and be governed by its set of repeat rules. I'll have to make sure that despite the current nature of the software layer, it's going to have to handle the no-up case (even though it may be a very unlikely event).

Incidentally, thanks for the help guys. Another reason I primarily read the board for non-empeg puposes now.

Bruno

Now driving new car, but empeg won't likely be installed until after a couple of trips I'm taking in January.