Fortunately I don't have a need for double clicks with this implementation. The only double-click support related to this project is still handled by the OS because those (mouse) events are passed to the system. I also don't have the time to prototype any code myself. I'm in a management and design position of this project and someone else gets to write the code. It's a Mac project and it is remote control related, just not IR. In fact it's RF. But I do believe we should still account for the possibility of never receiving an up vent. I'm asking for some type of watch-dog process to be triggered when the initial press occurs which would manage the event cycle until it ends. If this is done it should be able to track the various scenarios.

I'm swamped with work right now with so many projects and on top of everything handling so many loose ends getting ready for Macworld in January (San Fran). And to make things interesting, the day after I get back from MW, I'm off to Mexico (at least that's supposed to be for relaxing). Of course all this new year's travel only has me worried I might not be able to get back into the country (certain newly required document in Canada which I still don't have... Oh boy.)

Bruno