Well, I am really interested getting a WinCE/PocketPC hooked up to it. What I am thinking of is a system where you could 'export' the database to your PocketPC maybe, but at least could use the PocketPC as an advanced remote (Hey, it can send clear text to your empeg so how hard can it be?). Exporting the database would be nice because then you could edit it on there as well, then once you are satisfied you could send your updated version back. Or with the data from the Database you could make an adaptive remote control program that has search options and the like. Why would you want to ? The PocketPC (iPAQ) I have has a backlit LCD, easier to find the right button (see the thread on new remotes and points of recognition for much used buttons), but there is undoubtedly more. A WinCE variant of the Palm Navigation software I saw mentioned on one of the other boards would be nice too.

Mind you, the question I have with all this is the following : Where does the resposability of the EmpegPeople stop. What I mean is, which part(s) of making such things possible do we want them to do ... Me personally I think it ends quite fast with just a basic functionality in the kernel, possibly some api to facilitate 3rd party software in talking to the original Empeg software (i.e. the playerprogram) and that I think is it. Having said that, what I miss most right now to start dabbling with this myself is information and tools for the IR port. I see some info on it scathered around but no defenite links to useable or example software, correct me if I missed it though.

Hans

Mk2 - Blue - 080000431