Wait a sec. I'm not talking about publishing the details of every feature, the design documents, etc. That's obviously not a good idea. However, it's common practice to announce to customers what is in the product pipeline for the next two or three major releases. It's understood by all (and directly stated in most documents) that there's nothing holding them to those features -- it's just so the customer knows what's coming. Microsoft actually does tell the world about their products under development. Of course they don't release their code, but everyone knows almost every feature in a Windows release way before it goes gold. That's all I would expect here.

I think this would not only keep people in the know of what's on the horizon, but as i said in my original post, save a lot of virtual hot air on this very forum. It'd all be on the list. Though the acronym RTFWL might become overused...

I dunno. I just thought if a monthly "here's what we're working on" was readily available, there'd be a lot less mystery surrounding the future software releases. I wasn't expecting a legally binding contract, just a few bulleted lists.

-Tony
MkII #554