I "work" as a tech support grunt supporting HP StorageWorks products. Right now on a call with 3 servers connected into a low level storage box, the MSA1000. Just got training on a new product, but, can't say much about that one yet. Storage products that I will eventually support range from the low end like the MSA1000 (14 to 42 drives) up to the EVA systems (max of 168 drives, fibre channel drives, not SCSI). I also deal a bit with the tape devices, all the way up to robotic systems with 24 drives and 730 tape slots, with robotics to deal with it all. And they can be linked togther if that isn't big enough. I also deal with the fibre network interconnecting all this, and it can be as complex, if not more so, then ethernet networking.

I used to do support for the Proliant servers, but after advancing a few levels there, hit the roof at this site for the most part. Moving to storage gives me the possibility of moving on to the other building, where the actual engineering of fibre specs and such is done. Though my ultimate goal is to be a programmer in the game industry. With the great economy though </sarcasm>, I've been keeping my claws burried here, since it pays the bills.