Heh. Interesting reading everyone else's hobbies. Er, I mean work..

Like a few other here, I work in Tech Support. (Somehow, tho, my duties have grown to include Programming (C, VB, and PHP for web.). I work for a company that makes "Call Center Solutions". A few year back, they would have been called "Predictive Dialers". See, you get 8 T1s, of 24 lines each, plug them into this thing. You hire 24 people to sit on their butts, and wait for their screen to announce they got someone on their hedset. Then they go: "Hello, is Mr. Sm-er.. Smyth there?" Our systems would make a SWAG on how many lines to dial per agent, and start making phone calls. Sad? Maybe, but true..

I'm not on here AS MUCH as others, but I'm always online doing one thing of another. Usually it's because 90% of my calls are along the lines of: "All our lines are going disabled! I re-enable them, but they go right back to being disabled!" "Have you called your T1 vendor?" "No, I thought I'd call you guys first." "Well, it looks like they're all in alarm. Meaning that they got turned off or unplugged. You need to give them a call." "Oh, okay, thanks!"
And the other 10%, well, I don't need to be really paying attention when they describe their problem.

I sit at work, Waldorf in it's lillt Mlord dock up in my cube providing hours and hours of entertainment while I sit on my tush (it's start to show, too. Rrf.) talking to our clients about ID10T errors.

Me.
[Edit: Off of work, I'm an anti-geek. I'll check the board once or twice, but that's it. I'm either out driving, brakeman on a railroad, or out hunting for Benchmarks. (Government versions of Mlord's Caches).]

Edited by foxtrot_xray (31/01/2004 21:51)