Just a little side story... Ryan (co-worker with empeg) and i went over to Rolling Thunder the other day to get a quote on installing his empeg in his new S2000. Rolling Thunder is supposedly one of the best installers in the country, they've got plenty of awards to show for it, and everytime you go by there you are sure to see at least one +100,000 dollar car sitting in an install bay... not to mention the prices they charge. Anyhow, once the guy realized what an empeg was, he shook his head and asked if Ryan had had any noise problems with his previous install, to which Ryan said yes. Before Ryan could finish his sentence that we knew why there was noise due to problems with his install in his Explorer, the install guy said something to the effect of "yeah, i've installed 3 of them things and all of them were really noisy. Those things are just not well made or something". To which i jumped in and said that i'd installed mine in 3 cars, all noise free, as had hundreds of other people.

Just makes you wonder how an installer that would charge $2200 for a pair of MB Quarts and a JL amp with labor included could not properly ground an empeg.

We walked out laughing because we'll do the same install for around $700.