This is like your third post lamenting the 3.0 UI, so it's obviously something that's really bothering you. If you *really* want to try the 2.0 betas, go ahead.

However, if you're willing to be patient, I am putting finishing touches on software that will quite possibly address some of your concerns. It will (already does) at the very least, allow completely user-defined "non-squishing" transient info modes, and allows you to do some slick things with "full screen" style info modes that still lets you see your visuals. As for menus, I don't plan on the first version being able to replace the player's menus, but that's possible in the future. The way it works now, when you access the player menus, my app hides until you get out of them. But it would be possible to replace them with my own menu that just passes the selected actions on to the player. Much more of a task, though, and would need to be updated every time the player software changes.

As for Funnelweb (which I like the new version of, for what it's worth) and the EQ, I can't do anything about those, and I'm not sure those prayers are going to be answered by the empeg gods either. If those two nits are more valuable to you than the features of 3.0, maybe you're best served sticking with one of the 2.0 betas. I don' t remember offhand which ones had which bugs, but I ran with 2.0b13 for a long time and found it to be the most usable. YMMV.