I'm looking to get some cheap gear. I'm sick of renting. Need: Boots, bindings, board. Also, I think I want a board-bag to put it in so that it doesn't cut the car interior up.

Like Loren has said, boots are the most important, then bindings, then board. Most any name-brand snowboard boot will do as long as it fits correctly (heat moldable inserts will help odd-shaped feet), are warm, and are comfortable. When you try on boots, make sure you have enough room in the toes by standing up with your knees almost locked - you should just be able to brush the end of the boot with your toes. Now sink into your riding stance (bent knees) and your toes will have a bit of extra room. Strap into a board and make sure the boot holds your heel down to the board well. If your heel lifts inside of the boot it'll kill you on toeside turns. My wife and I shopped around for boots that fit her narrow heels for a while before getting some Airwalks for her with heat moldable inserts - that solved her heel lift problems. I would not buy online unless I had tried on the boots in a shop. The rest of the stuff you can buy online, but it's very important you get a good fitting boot. I ride Burton boots, and my wife has Airwalks. Other brands that are good (IMO) are Ride, Salomon, Heelside, Vans and DC.

Bindings just need to fit the boot decently and have ergonomic straps. Strap width and design will provide a level of comfort for your instep, but so will your boots. Primarily here less weight = more expensive. There are some fancy carbon fiber and aluminum models around (including the top of the line Cateks) but the old man in me says BAH! to those. The House has discount gear online, and they have a decent selection of sub-$100 bindings. You might want to try a local SportMart, they carry low to mid quality gear, and they are having a blowout sale last time I was in there. They had a decent selection of boots/boards/bindings, too. There should be one in your area.

By the way, I don't even know how big of a board to get, I always just take whatever the rental guy picks for me. I'm 6 feet tall and weigh 180 at the moment, if that has a bearing.

You should start out with a board that is over 150cm. A smaller board will be easier to learn on, and a larger one might suit you later depending on your riding style and skill level. There are two main construction methods for snowboards, slantwall and capped. You can tell right away which one was used by looking at the edge of the board. If it's slanted at an angle, it's slantwall and if it's rounded over to the metal edge, it's capped. GENERALLY, capped construction is on beginner/cheaper boards. If you are looking at a slantwall/sandwich construction board, it's usually a better quality board. If you don't know what kind of riding you will be doing, just get a freeride board, not a freestyle or mountain. Most low-end boards are freeride. Size 11 boots will probably be OK on a non-wide board, but depending on the stance you prefer you might get some toe overhang. I ride 22 front/ 18 back and I'm a size 10. No toe drag for me on a Burton Custom, and it's an average width board. Brands you could look for are Burton, Solomon, Ride, Never Summer ($$$), K2, Liquid (cheaper), etc. You really won't be able to tell too much of a difference between them when you start out, spend the big bucks later when you get hooked on riding.

I'm still learning how to snowboard (but getting better each time), but not "into it" enough to want the best and most expensive equipment. I know nothing about what's good and what's not.

Make sure you get your stance angles forward (I've found 20 front/ 10-15 back is a good combo for beginners) so you can get the correct upper body position. Have you taken a lesson? Just like anything else, good riding can come faster from good instruction. Having your own equipment helps, too. If you took a lesson, did they teach you the falling leaf and garlands? Those excercies are key to learning how to carve.

When you learn how to carve you will be hooked. Check out Bomberonline for tips on carving. Ignore the hardboot stuff, it's mostly applicable to soft-booters, too. This article and part II should be good reading.

I've looked on ebay, but it's hard to narrow down listings to include those with bindings and boots and all. Although this guy has an auction he keeps re-running for a relatively cheap ($199.00) package. Does that look any good, or is that complete crap?

Complete crap.