As far as taxes go, there is a huge deficit and it's getting bigger. Something has to be done about that. You can either raise taxes or you can cut the size of government. Bush /cut/ taxes and /increased/ the size of government. Something's gotta give. Tax cuts aren't free money -- you gotta pay for everything somehow.

I understand that which is why I want smaller government.

I work for Ricoh and they have 401k which I participate in I also work for Dominos and I actually report all the tips I get if I really wanted to cut my taxes I could be like all the other people working there and not report anything. One guy has been working there full time for twenty years and has never reported a dime. (full time delivery driver would make about 32K per year)

I keep hearing I can deduct things pruchased for work and mileage but I the tax system is so ungodly complicated I don't think anyone really understands it and I am afraid if I do something wrong I won't find out about it for ten years and will be expected to pay loan shark like interest. I know one person this happened to they lost their house and everything they had because an accountant messed up and was long gone by the time the government figured it out.

I'm in Minnesota I think the prices for the houses here are over inflated because I look at the same type of house in other states an they are cheaper. I looked at some for about 150K and the property tax is listed for about 1300 I don't know how that compares to other states I didn't look at that.
I always thought you had to pay more taxes when you own your own business like 15% social security instead of 7.5 and have to pay quarterly. I suppose if you do it part time maybe that doesn't amount to much. My dad has his own small business and I know he sure has to pay a lot.

I also keep thinking about moving to another state that has no state income tax (like Texas they just need to change the weather ) but i'm sure they make up for it with something else.

Matt