I too agree that it would be a nice feature, no matter how it has to get done (hijack, player code update). And as to the spinning wheel, I find it has gotten more and more eratic. This weekend when I was testing out the new 8's I put in my car, a slight bump of the knob would turn the volume to full blast nearly blowing my speakers, and turning it back down was a much slower process. and I too have had the problem of it going backwards, seems to be a bit of a timing issue with the knob itself.

and in very large playlists, even spinning the wheel can take a long while, and in traffic, not a good idea as you must constantly look down to see where you are at, since if you click the wheel 5 times to the right, you could have skipped 5 entries, or 100, or -15, you never know, it'd be fun for a game, but not when you're trying to find a song . Whereas skipping the letter you could easily count out where you are at in the playlist.

so if not hijack, the player code could definitely use this feature.