An attack of the blue smoke...

I had my local dealership change the oil on Wednesday before driving 900 miles on thursday/friday. When I checked the dipstick earlier, it looks like they overfilled it. Reading vwvortex, I suspect that the excess has caused the oil pressure to pump oil out of the crankcase vent and into the intake tract, thus leaving me with an intercooler, throttle body and intake manifold full of the stuff. Too much oil is bad for the cat too. I am seething to say the least.

Unfortunately, I can't be 100% certain that it isn't the headgasket or turbo oil seals. That's why it's sitting outside a VW dealership near Laura's, where they can sort it out before I put another 900 miles on it.

I'm hoping that it really is just a case of cleaning oil out of the intake tract, reducing the amount of oil in the engine, and sending the bill to the asshats that screwed it up.

At least I got to see Cincinnati, briefly visit Indiana and Kentucky, and try Cincinnati Chilli!

I have to publicly send a very big shouted THANKS! to both Laura and Derrick for digging me out of a hole. It would have been a real ordeal to be stuck out at the park without them around.