Must... resist... turboback....

Must...pay off....Visa.....

I worked this year's No Alibi rally over the weekend. The first long trip I have taken since buying the AccessPort. It confirmed that it is probably the best $600 I have ever spent. Third gear now a lot more useful...able to power through more gravel sweepers without downshifting...and a more free-breathing "Let's pass the semi" experience. A great product.

In a side note I will say that working a rally can be more fun than competing. As I drove across a plateau on East Oliphant road in Asotin county, I looked down at the route book and said "Whoa, those poor bastards (competitors!) have to drive 42 MPH here?". I have to say it is a great thing to live in such a big corner of this country. Huge views, empty roads.

Loren, you should drive north and get your car dirty

Oh, and I have concluded that the new Conti Extreme Contacts are 6.35% better than the OE RE-92s on gravel. I gotta put some real gravel tires on my Visa card!

Oh, and some Winter Alcan reportage in the July Road and Track and Automobile. Look real hard on page 78 in Automobile and you'll see our silver wagon parked next to Pete Soper's black wagon (the one with the big chunks missing out of the front spoiler).

'Tis the exceptional fellow who lies awake at night thinking of his successes.