In reply to:

Q: Is SDAL Format an open standard?

A: Yes. The technical specification of SDAL Format is now publicly available for review. Interested parties can register online to request a copy. If manufacturers wish to implement the SDAL Format
PSF Specification, they will be able to do so royalty-free.

from q&a www.sdalformat.com

Okay that settles that ... Right ?

Odd, the book suggested the data for map display and route calculation to be seperate on the cd-rom... Page 1.6 (I have version 0.4 of the SDAL 1.7 format btw) ... But you probably are right since on the first page it does name that 0.sdl and 1.sdl file. It's kinda hard not having an actual disc yet. Still, I was thinking route calculation being the highest priority with the classic arrows being displayed on the display rather then full maps which I think we should keep for later, after all not all people here have palm-os or WinCE/PocketPC devices. I was thinking of keeping the door open for that (map display or creation with download to outside receivers) in a later stage though via some sort of plugin that should allow it to work with just about any device including ppc's but also actual external displays perhaps (although that might be hard).

What do you think ?

Cheers,
Hans

Mk2 - Blue - 080000431