Hi Tony. I've read about that many times, But I can see how I wasn't clear about my intent.

I meant to ask how far the glass part could be extended from the display board.

75mm would let me package the display board flat and mount the display in something with a thinner vertical dimension. Even 25-50mm would work in a pinch. My assumption is that there would be no problem adding that length to the switches and knob leads.

I'm figuring that by unstacking/flatning everything, except for the glass part itself, I can come up with a package WxDxHGT of 175x230x25mm thick. Maybe even thinner if I want to demount the tall jacks. At the moment thickness is probably limited by drive shock mount rubber.

New thought. The glass is 35mm tall. I should go mousing around the Nortika site to see if there is a display that is the same in every way but smaller.

BTW. From the picture I posted, it might seem there is enough room for a transmission hump mount, there is not. Least ways not for an unmodified empeg. I might get away with a 25mm tall version that had a back sloping display. That could, just be the ticket. Wire routing is much easier below. I'll have to mock up a cardboard housing.