Hey all, I thought someone here might have some useful thoughts on small subs.

I have a jeep wrangler and I am sick of having the limited storage space used by a bass tube (which sounds bad anyway) so I have decided to build a custom box that fits under the back seat. So I did the math and measurements and determined that I can create one (sealed) box split into two compartments each of which is about 0.4 cubic feet with a depth of about 4 inches. So... unfortunately this limits me to a pair of 8 inch subs. I have been trying to figure a way to fit 10s, but I can't without fairly major modifications to the back seat.

Anyway, I was hoping someone here has experience with 8 inch subs. I don't want to piss off the neighbors or anything, but I do want to hear all of my music (mainstream rock, alternative, some techno) and jeeps are loud and poorly insulated. I am looking at the MTX 6000 and JLAudio 8W1. Anybody used either of these? Any thoughts on them? Do you think I would be happy with this small of a speaker? Any other suggestions? I would like to keep the total for speakers and amp around $500.

Thanks,
-Mike