I need an anamorphic test pattern for my DVD player. Just a plain grid so that I can get the geometry on my TV set right. Many people, here and elsewhere, suggested AVIA, so I got it quite a while ago. Annoyingly, they don't have an anamorphic test pattern. They have a 16:9 test pattern squished into 4:3, but they didn't set the anamorphic flag on the DVD for that section, telling you to manually set your TV to 16:9. Well, my TV doesn't allow me to do that, making it useless.

So I want to create a DVD that just has a single five-minute or so long anamorphic track with a regular grid. I have a DVD burner. I think I can create a proper MPEG-2 by getting a trial version of TMPEGEnc. But I don't have any DVD authoring software. Nor do I know how to manually create the appropriate filesystem structure by hand. If anyone could loan me some DVD authoring software or point me to a trial version that has the one feature I'm looking for (an anamorphic setting), I'd really appreciate it.

I know this reads like trolling for warez, but I swear I have no interest in keeping it. I just wanna create the one thing. If someone else has the proper tools, I suppose I could get you to create a DVD and mail it to me. I suppose I could also create the appropriate source material here, send it to you and have you send me back a UDF filesystem image for me to write directly to a DVD, if that's feasible.

Can anyone help?