Okay, this is a weird one, but my local athletic supply store, from which I've bought my white tube socks for the last twenty years, is no longer carrying them. Aargh. They're the best socks ever (for me) and I'd really not like to have to find a new manufacturer that makes socks like I like them. I'm having trouble finding them (obviously, or I wouldn't be posting here) and I was hoping that someone might have an idea. I know it's silly and you probably don't, but I thought I'd ask anyway.

They are plain white tube socks manufactured by "TAG" or something like that (the printed labels have all worn off) with a red toe seam that, and this is the important part, lies on top of the toe instead of at the end. I had been getting them at the old athletic supply store in town that's been in business for fifty years named Johnson-Lambe, so I imagine that they'd be more common at small shops than big retail chains.

Anyway, I can't imagine that anyone would go looking for me, but if you happen to be in an athletic store, take a look, if you would.

Thanks.