Well, I think a better solution is to bring ALL of them home, rather then send more people over there to be killed.

And you're calling _me_ the optimist?! We(*) have no exit strategy. Never did, apparantly. Now we are there we are stuck there until there is a viable Iraqi government.
Perhaps if the US eats enough humble pie at the international community restaurant then others may step in to help speed that process up. (As a side note, has anyone noticed the irony that after all the Administration's bitching about the UN and the corruption surrounding the Oil for Food programme, that one of the corrupt officials skimming the cash appears to have been a spy for the US, and now a member of the coalition-installed government?)

Even with a universal draft, do you think people like the Bush twins are really going to get caught in it?

Good question. Assuming an expanded age range, they've got another 12?,13? years to dodge. Daddy can only be Pres' for another 4 years.
The reality is that they would probably end up doing civilian service instead, as would be a choice for anyone.

* I should remind everyone that I am a Brit.